Sunday, May 2, 2010

Times Square Car Bomb


By now you may have heard about the failed car bomb which was found yesterday in Times Square.  Last night I happened to be walking through the neighborhood (my apartment is a couple blocks away) and I wondered why there were hundreds of police and tourists milling about the streets of the Theater District.  I thought maybe the Obamas were seeing a Broadway show (they were actually in D.C.) - and it wasn't until this morning when I learned about the failed bomb.

It's weird to think about, but if that bomb HAD gone off a lot of people would have been killed and/or injured - possibly including yours truly.

8 comments:

Kwana said...

Crazy but I happened to be in a cab at the fire dept was rushing to the scene. When am I down there?! Ugh.

Ken Riches said...

That is a scary scenairo. Glad that the T-Shirt Vendor saw him and the plan was foiled.

the dogs' mother said...

Thought about you last night - it was on Twitter pretty early in the evening.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Another reason for you to packup Dusty and Oscar and move to Texas! It's a sign from the Goddess!

Anonymous said...

WHAT? I am so grateful that was a failed bomb. I get a little teary even thinking about that!

mrs.missalaineus said...

when we heard about all this i thought of you and was very glad that someone was paying attention and alerted the authorities.


xxalainaxx

Joy said...

Thank goodness they were on top of this!

MCWolfe said...

When I say this today, I knew my friends in Harlem were alright but I did wonder how close you were. Thank heavens the vehicle was discovered and you and all your fellow New Yorkers (and visitors) were safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...