Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wizard of Oz Plot Summary...


Did you know?...
The ruby slippers were originally silver, as they were in the L. Frank Baum book. But hey, it's Technicolor and ruby looks better. Speaking of - according to some sources, 7 pairs actually existed. The location of 5 is known. If you're sitting on a missing pair, they're worth about $1.5 million. Source.

As a kid I was taken to the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C., and the ONLY things I remember seeing were the Star Spangled Banner and Dorothy's ruby-red slippers.  I wonder what that says about me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met a married couple that were part of the munckins. They lived in Texas. I believe he was one of the guys singing lollipop guild

I think he died 2 years ago and she died last year.

I remember seeing their luggage they were traveling with. It had OZ taped real big on the sides.

Anonymous said...

To Gummi Bare--those Munchkins are still alive. I met them last year and they are scheduled to be at the Judy Garland Festival this year. :-)

I've seen 3 pair of Ruby Slippers. I promise I didn't steal the one.

Anonymous said...

That's great. :) They were nice people.

TonyJoe said...

That you're a big ol' queen :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...