Wednesday, May 16, 2012

70's Flashback - Schoolhouse Rock!


Any kid who watched the Super Friends (and the other cartoons) on ABC's Saturday morning cartoon lineup knows all about Schoolhouse Rock! And I'm betting you still remember the words - like I do.

Schoolhouse Rock! was a series of educational musical shorts that played on Saturday mornings on ABC in the 70's and 80's. They taught about Math and Science (I absolutely hated those), as well as Grammar and History (loved those).

Here are some of my favorites ... anyone else remember these?...






5 comments:

Wonder Man said...

Suffering Until Suffrage was my jam

the dogs' mother said...

I was a junior in high school in 1973... so the kids I babysat probably watched them. :-) You, youngster you.

mrs.missalaineus said...

i can still sing most of these by heart- the 'three is a magic number' song is my jimmy-jam! that and 'unpack your adjectives'

xxalainaxx

DAVID said...

There was also one about how a bill was written and passed. By the way, do you remember the cartoon called "Wait till you father gets home"?

David Dust said...

David -

"I'm Just A Bill" was another of my faves.

And no, I don't think I've ever heard of that show. Was it good?

XOXOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...