Tuesday, December 20, 2011

VH1 Divas Of Soul


Did anyone watch VH1 Divas of Soul last night? I thought it was cute – except for the fact that it was a little light on the Divas. 

· The opening with Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and Mary J Blige doing The Supremes was awesome. MJB looked like she was having a blast. 

· It’s a damn shame that American Idol has done about 358 seasons, and no one will ever come close to being as good as the Season One winner – Miss Kelly Clarkson. Just Saying. 

· Mavis Staples needed to spend more time singing “I’ll Take You There” and less time calling Tyrone. 

· I have loved Chaka Khan ever since I saw her sloppy performance at the Roxy one New Years Eve. She is every (drunk) woman. 

· Who in the hell was that white girl wearing the hideous fringe outfit and making those weird noises? Yes, I am one of The Olds and don't know who these young whippersnappers are anymore...


· I had no idea that Jedi Master Mace Windu was from Detroit... 


· Dear Martha Reeves: you are a national treasure. That dress, however, is not. 

· Where was Diana, Aretha and/or Patti?? 

What did YOU think?




.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Indeed, how can something be called DIVAS of SOUL and not include Diana, Aretha and Patti.


Still.....Mavis Staples? O-effing-MG I love her.

And Kelly is faboosh.
JHud is awesome.

Kailyn said...

I enjoyed the show and have it saved on dvr to rewatch.

Patty, Diana and Aretha? You know their appearance fees exceeded the budget for the entire show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...