Thursday, November 17, 2011

Top Chef 9 - Ep. 3: Snakes On A Plate


As sometimes happens, today I’m resorting to bullet points in order to list some thoughts about last night’s episode of Top Chef. There are just too many cheftestants right now, and not enough drama (yet).

* I loved the Quickfire – and Padma’s instructions to put some motherhumpin’ snakes on some motherhumpin plates… 


* Miss Blanca Flores, the gal who was celebrating her Quinceañera, was pretty fierce. On an unrelated note – if you’ve never seen the movie Quinceañera, I have four words for you: “Jesse Garcia plays gay”… 


* Speaking of cuties, I loved how Chuy was ALL OVER this challenge – and referred to himself as “the resident Mexican”. He’s also not afraid of snakes and knows his way around a dead goat. If Chuy worked at Arby’s, he’d be absolutely perfect… 


* I’m sorry, but every time I see Heather … 


… I think “Kathy Najimy”… 


* Speaking of wacky women – is it just me, or does Beverly seem a bit … um … touched?? 


… Did you take note of Bevery's psycho-esque yelling at the meat counter? Did you see her snotting and bawling during Blanca’s dance with her father?? And what was up with that piece of paper she printed, congratulating herself on winning Top Chef?? If that works, I’m printing up my own magical piece of paper… 



* Finally, I offer up these words of advice to the Top Chef producers: 

Needs … More … Boobies 


What did YOU think of last night's episode??


.

7 comments:

Kwana said...

From the beginning to the end I thought Bev was a bit touched. Told my husband so through his snoring. But yes if that paper works I'm getting me one too!

the dogs' mother said...

Okay. The snakes. OMG! We have lots of rattlesnakes around here. Our elementary school principal killed one on the grounds of the school. He kept the rattles in his desk...

You are so right about the chefs you zeroed in on. Any man that cook a goat - I predict he will go far. Beverly may have to be pried out of the stew room and not allowed to pack her knives or get anywhere near her knives.

I'm worried about you today since OWS is going to occupy the subways. Just mutter 'stick it to the man' and keep going.

Bob said...

Bev is would tight.

Chuy is cutie.

Chris R is hot.

Hugh Acheson's face moves in all sorts of directions at the same time.


XOXOXOX

Kailyn said...

Chuy is like Dale in that "I've got this covered" kind of way. Wonder what his temper's like?

theminx said...

Kathy Najimy is much prettier than Heather!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Do these guys every watch the show? Pre-cooked pre-prepared ANYTHING? Colicchio had a fit over a can of beans once. "A bag of beans?!" "You didn't make the piecrust?" "You got premade [fill in the blank]?!" If it's your dream to be on Top Chef, um - watch the show? We all know how dangerous Risotto can be!

MoHub said...

I'm thinking Chris C. may be this season's villain. Not only did he let Keith buy the precooked shrimp, but he lied about knowing Keth's purchase plans at Judges' Table.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...