Friday, September 14, 2007

Live With Regis & Kathy Lee & Kelly


One of the joys of not having to be at work until 10:00 am is being able to catch the "Host Chat" segment on "Live with Regis & Kelly". They sit down and talk to each other about what's going on in their lives for the first 15-20 minutes of the show, and it's often hilarious. There is something comforting about checking in with them every morning before leaving to catch the subway.

Once upon a time I was NOT a fan of the show. Shortly after moving to NYC in the early 90's, I got a visit from Gerry, one of my very best friends from college. She was a big fan of the show (then "Live with Regis & Kathy Lee") and I was able to get us in.

One of the things they do on the show every morning is give away a prize to a viewer who has called in over the phone. After he/she wins or loses, the caller picks a number - and the studio audience member who is sitting in the seat with that number also wins a prize. I sat down in lucky seat number 13 and the show began.

Sure enough, the caller picked number 13 and I won a some lovely Baccarat crystal - which I promptly gave away as gifts. I've been a fan of the show ever since.

Today's show marked "Live's" 20th Anniversay and featured Kathy Lee Gifford appearing for the first time since she left seven years ago.

Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Tom A. said...

Kathi Lee left in 2000 I think. I know Kelly started in 2001.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...