Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hottie of the Day - Carlos Estrada








I have mentioned Carlos (above left) and his twin brother Joel (above right) before. Back in February I featured pictures of Joel - but my commentary was mostly about Carlos. Both were dancers at my old hangout - Stella's bar in formerly seedy Times Square. One night a famous fashion designer came in and saw Carlos dancing. Here's what I wrote...
Here is some good dish: One night I was drinking a lovely cocktail at Stella's, and a certain BIG NAME fashion designer walked in. All the papihookers and go-go dancers in the place went into total OBSESSION-mode, and wouldn't leave him alone. They were all hoping to get some of that underwear and cologne money. Low and behold, this BIG NAME fashion designer spotted Carlos on the go-go platform. Biatch wasted no time - he walked up to Carlos and whispered a few words to him. Carlos nodded and pointed to the owner of the bar. Big-Time Designer walked over to the owner, whispered a few words, and the owner nodded. With that, Carlos and Mr. Big Designer walked out the door. This whole process certainly did NOT take an ETERNITY. The next night at the bar, Carlos was sporting some new duds and new eyeglasses - presumably from his fashionable admirer. And biatches, this was not the only time I saw this Certain Known designer drunk and trolling for strippers. Goodness, I miss Stella's ...

I DO miss Stella's. And thanks to the awesome blog Monaga for posting these pics of Carlos and bringing back this memory.

11 comments:

Santo Domingo Colonial Zone Apts said...

Now I am all verklempt thinking about Stella's. I remember it before they moved to the spot on 48th street and changed the name. Those were the days.

Weren't they?

David Dust said...

Monaga -

Those WERE the days. Although I didn't make it to Stella's until it moved to 48th Street. I remember the old-timers talking about "Trixx", the previous bar that Cathy (Stella's proprietor) owned on W. 50th Street.

When I finally figured out how fun Times Square was, only Stella's and Cats (on 49th Street) were left. Did you ever go into Cats?!? OMG - what a delicious dive that was!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

I love the names "Carlos" and "Estrada" because of hot papis like him. Like you, I love a hot Latin man. At this point, the name gets me excited.
I'm Pavlov's Dog.

Santo Domingo Colonial Zone Apts said...

Any bar that was located on 8th Avenue, or anything to the west of it, from 30s to the 50s I went there at least once. I actually liked Trixx more than Stella's. It was much more seedier. Other favorites were the Blarney Stone off 43rd and 8th. Seedy behind belief. And the famous drag bar, Sally's Hideaway. I told you I liked them really seedy.

Now, I'm getting all verklempt again.

David Dust said...

Monaga -

The Blarney Stone is still there - and it's all cleaned up (like everything else). They even have LIVE JAZZ there every once in awhile.

Like I said, I didn't figure out how awesome the old, seedy Times Square bars were until they were almost gone. I REALLY regret never making it into Sally's. That was another bar the Stella's regulars used to reminisce about.

XOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

i think i saw one of these twins at B&N once. how tall are these boys? the boy i saw was really tiny, i mean, not tall at all, 5'6 or 5'7, and very lean. and much darker than in these pics.

David Dust said...

Todd -

Yep - Carlos and Joel are probably about 5'7", and depending on the lighting and time of year can look pretty dark.

XOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

thanks... i'd just eat one of these boys in one gulp, for breakfast, and save the other one for lunch. in person, he was so delicious.

now, was this famous designer's initials CK?????

Unknown said...

thanks... i'd just eat one of these boys in one gulp, for breakfast, and save the other one for lunch. in person, he was so delicious.

now, was this famous designer's initials CK?????

Mark in DE said...

Thanks a great story!!

Jason Torres said...

wow this is so wierd i met carlos in south beach miami back in may when i was vacationing i was at a bar called "twist" and carlos approached me at the bar saying he recognized me from a club in new york called krash where he use to be a dancer. the wierd part was i would go to krash back in 2005 and never did i interact with any strippers or pay them much attention... how ever maybe he just recognized i was a new yorker and played up recognizing me from krash because of my "urban attire" either way he was asking me if i had any coke or if i knew where he could score some. he did look exactly like his pictures but he gives off that wierd street hustler vibe on the hunt for money and drugs which is a TURN OFF.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...