Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm Back


Oh it's been nothing but sunshine and unicorns over hear at DustBunny Headquarters. Yesterday, after fighting a fever, the chills and a lack of breath - I finally went to my Doctor and he confirmed what I thought was true. I have Pneumonia - this time of the "walking" variety.

Doc came "this" close to admitting me into the hospital, but I begged, pleaded, stomped my feet, and promised to eat more leafy greens if he'd let me give the "take antibiotics at home/bedrest" thing a try. Luckily, he agreed. I think the leafy greens are what sealed the deal.

The last thing I need is another stint in the hospital. It's bad enough that I don't get paid sick days, so if I have to stay home from work, I'm gonna watch the History Channel, read blogs and order Chinese Food in my own damn apartment.

BTW - do they make Chinese Food with leafy greens?...

9 comments:

Peter Maria said...

Bok choy. And while they're not leafy, I like Szechuan green beans a lot.

Hope you get all better faster. Did you get an inhaler to use in addition to ATB's? It's a shame you couldn't get a few home health visits to maybe give you a few breathing treatments and at least start your ATB IV for the first few doses. Oh well, keep in touch with your doctor.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Yes.... it's called bok choy. Guess you are screwed.

Get plenty of rest and fluids and take care of yourself! I'm worried about you in that big cold lonely city!! It's so different from the big hot lonely city I live in!!

the dogs' mother said...

Glad you are on the mend!
On page 57 of Gail's book. Boobie Mentions up to 4.
xoxoxoxoxo

Rainbow said...

Big rainbow wrapped chicken soup kisses!! Get to feeling better soon!! Huggles

theminx said...

Awww, poor bunny. I'm sorry that you're so sick again. Sending lots of love and prayers for good health.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

P.S. You can get leafy greens at Chinese restaurants that have a large Chinese clientele and a special section on the menu for "country side" or "home style" cooking.

Anonymous said...

Walking can be worse than regular, so be sure to take really good care of yourself. Speedy recovery.

Beth said...

I had that in college...I'd start coughing and not be able to stop for like 10 minutes. Luckily, it's easily cured with antibiotics. So take them faithfully, take good care of yourself, and you'll be on the mend in no time. Feel better soon! XOXO

victor said...

DEAR DAVID I WISH YOU A PROMPT RECOVERY

Ken Riches said...

Speedy recovery wishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...