Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Red Cabinet





On a recent trip to IKEA, the Best Friend and I noticed a GORGEOUS red cabinet that would look PERFECT in my kitchen. I LOVE red kitchens - and red stuff in kitchens. My roommate and I needed more shelving space in our new apartment, and we had been looking to purchase a cabinet. I totally fell in love with the "Stockholm" model.

The only problem was the cost - $249.00. I didn't think ANYTHING cost $249 at IKEA, but apparently I was wrong. So I kind of gave up hope of ever having this gorgeous red cabinet, because I couldn't afford the price. I was looking to spend something like 50 bucks (sometimes I'm a cheap bitch).

Well, this past weekend my roommate took his own trip to IKEA and called me while at the store - asking me about the red cabinet I had mentioned. I described it, he found it, and he bought it!! And on Saturday night we put it together. Actually, HE put it together, and I handed him tools.

I LOVE this thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cat has hairballs? It's a very detailed pic......

Mark in DE said...

Girl, you gotta make your 1st stop the 'As-is' section. I can't tell you how many pieces I've gotten there, with a little scratch or unnoticable mark, at a discounted price. PLUS - its already assembled!

Mark :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...