Monday, October 1, 2007

Wal-Mart


Yesterday, the best friend (Michael) and I took a trip to the closest Wal-Mart to NYC – located in lovely Secaucus, NJ. It is a short 10-minute bus ride from the Port Authority Bus Terminal – and only costs about $3.00 each way.

I LOVE Wal-Mart. I know some people have issues with their labor practices, but as long as I don’t think too hard about the 10-years-olds making my $16.00 sneakers, it doesn’t seem so bad. It’s like sausage – the end result is yummy, but you DON’T want to see what it takes to get it to your skillet.

(I just used the word “skillet” for the first time on DavidDust. For some reason “skillet” makes me laugh……I’m weird, sorry.)

ANYWAY, I can’t seem to get out of Wal-Mart without spending at least $100. Even when I go with a list, I still end up buying WAY more items than I planned on. It seems like EVERYTHING costs a measly $2.97 – but if you put enough items costing $2.97 in your cart, eventually you end up spending $108 – like I did yesterday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...