Monday, February 21, 2011

From The "OMG I Feel Old" Files


Christopher Atkins turns 50 years old today!!


I'm going to let you in on a little secret ... I'm pretty sure Christopher Atkins turned me gay. I was just a run-of-the-mill lady-loving lad of 13 when The Blue Lagoon came out in 1980. One look at Chris in that loincloth (I'll never forget those photos in People magazine) - and BAM - G ... A ... Y. Yep, Christopher Atkins made me gayer than Clay Aiken in the Tiara Department at Tiffany's.


Happy Birthday Christopher!


.

8 comments:

behrmark said...

For me it was "The Pirate Movie" with Kristy McNicol.

Bob said...

As we say down here in horse country, judging by that 'new' picture, he looks like he's been rode hard and put away wet.

That said, 'Lagoon' didn't make me gay, but it was confirmation!


XOXOXOX

designing wally said...

What a pretty little thing... I wish someone would edit Blue Lagoon down to the good fifteen minutes... Then I'd watch it again....

Wonder Man said...

it was Blue Lagoon that cause me to want me some boys

Lee said...

Weird. At the time, I thought he was kinda hot. Looking at that last picture now in the loincloth, though, I wouldn't be at all interested. Too "twink". How times and tastes change.

Mark in DE said...

LOL - too funny! :-)

Unknown said...

By golly, I think you're right. I remember my eyes being addicted to seeing him. He caused it, but I was too young to even know what's going on.
By the time I saw The Pirate Movie, i knew exactly why I was watching him.

Aonaran56 said...

Huh. 50 years old, and - unless I missed something - he's still not out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...