Facebook knows everything about you - and remembers it all. Forever...
Across the pond, where regulators have teeth and where corporations don't get to rewrite the legal definition of "privacy," citizens can force Facebook to send them a dossier of everything it knows about them. Two anonymous Europeans have shared their database dumps publicly, Forbes reports. One of them ran to 880 pages.
Some of the things Facebook keeps track of:
- Records of all rejected friend requests.
- Records of the all the friends you unfriended over the years.
- A list of devices from which you log in to Facebook, plus a list of other users on those machines. Meaning Facebook knows who spent the night at your place last night.
- Records of all your "pokes" - and those who've "poked" you.
- Event invites and RSVPs.
- A history of messages and chats.