Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Daddy" Or "Kid"?

In the past 2 weeks I have been referred to as both "Daddy" and "Kid". As a 41-year-old, I MUCH prefer "Kid". Let me explain...

In my quest to lose weight, I do a lot of walking from my job in Greenwich Village, through Chelsea and Times Square, to my apartment in Hell's Kitchen. Even in the winter, there are plenty of opportunities for PapiWatching.

Some of the best PapiWatching happens around The Port Authority Bus Terminal - located on the (former infamous) corner of 42nd Street and 8th Avenue. "The Port Authority", as it is called, has been a magnet for PapiHookers since the dawn of time, and they still congregate there - looking to make some quick cash. It just HAPPENS to be on my way home (don't judge, bitches), so naturally I like to look and see what's out there. Some of these guys I remember from Stella's and the days before NYC became the newest Disneyland. Trust me, I'm not buying, but the window-shopping is a lot of fun.


The other day I walked past a Papi who looked really familiar. Because of his familiarity, I must have been looking at him EXTRA hard, because as we were passing each other he stopped and said "Hey Daddy" - waiting to see if I wanted to talk. At that precise moment, I remembered he used to work as a waiter/barback at Stella's, but I kept on walking (he and I weren't that tight). But on my way home, I was kind of pissed that he referred to me as Daddy.

Throughout my life, I always looked younger than my actual age. At certain times in my life, I looked A LOT younger that I really was. When I was 21-22 years-old and started going to gay bars, the older guys LOVED my blond chicken ass (and I wouldn't give them the time of day). I got carded at the liquor store into my early 30's, much to the dismay of my friends. But being called "Daddy" kind of brought it home. I will never, EVER, be a young little chickadee again. Especially with my thinning buzz cut and goatee and wrinkles and potbelly...

Cut to last night, when I was actually at the gym. I had a really good cardio workout, and on my way out I said goodnight to the HOTTEST Papi who sometimes works the front desk. He is in his early twenties and looks like every young Papi I've ever featured on this blog - if not cuter. I wished him a goodnight, and he replied "night Kid!".

"Kid"???? "Kid"????? I like that MUCH better than "Daddy"....

XOXO

15 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Juno, baby, we each gotta find our place in the worlt! (read that with an accent!) I love you and know you enough (ain't the internet special!?) to know that when the right one comes along, you'll be a papi, daddy, baby, child, honey, love, or whatever! It ain't the title, baby: it's the power! Don't ever let the bitches forget it!

Renee said...

night Kid

LOL! That's awesome.

Angel said...

awwww Tranny,....You'll ALWAYS be Kid to me...I'm older than you!!! and honey, you could teach those "old" guys a little something....I wanna a picture of the buzz cut!!! I bet youa re BEAUTIFUL as always!!!

and I'm so proud of you...doing all that walking...I know it aint easy...walking and walking and having to look at all those Papis and stuff....hard job! ;)

Unknown said...

ahh the gay culture...so youth oriented. I won't even go into a gay bar. Just being there invites hurtful remarks. I never treated the elders that way. I am encouraged by the bigger activities with the mixture of ages for a cause. There's an activity for AA gays up here called the Roundup which a lot of guys go to for the friendly atmosphere even though not AA. All ages are welcomed warmly.
Know what you mean about window shopping. It's fun. Have more fun kid, and keep walking. As i recall, that's one helluva long walk!
xoxoxo-Charlie

David Dust said...

TrannyBeth -

SOMEONE'S gotta do it!!!

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I equate what you are going to to being in the south and either being called ma'am or honey (or sweetie). You want your children to say ma'am (and sir) but you never want to be called that because at that point your youth has left you. Keep walking and being a "kid" for as long as you can. I was going to suggest that instead of the "Daddy of the day" you introduced the "kid of the day" but people may get the wrong idea. Later tater.

Unknown said...

LOL.

theminx said...

I got called "ma'am" for the first time when I was about 20, by a snot-nosed 16-year-old at the mall. Hated it. I wouldn't want to be called "kid" now, but getting "miss" every once in a while is still a thrill. :)

xoxoxox
K

kayce. said...

well "kid" in that context is a lot like "honey" or "sugar" imho... maybe that's just the southerner in me, but it seemed a tad flirtatious (very mae west of him) and kinda sweet... if he is as hot as you say, i would have preferred that, too! =)

even daddy, to me, is more sexual- than age-related, but i am not a gay man, so idk...

(HA! i just noticed that tivo mom noticed the southern-ness, too, LOL!)

Wonder Man said...

it's like a full circle event. an evolution in the gay world

Unknown said...

when i turned 30, i was seriously depressed cause i had never become the big slut i was destined to become, and i thought that all gay men had tons of sex in their 20's, with thousands of other guys, orgies every weeknight, and i never did that. well, 10 yrs later, i still haven't done that, so i'm giving up. as of tomorrow, i'll turn in my gay card.

Anonymous said...

no matter what they say you are ageing gracefully.

Mistress Maddie said...

Bitch don't start with the melodramatics! Your like me,you still look like your in your thirties!

Marker said...

Right there with you . . . bro!

I'm 41 and yet I find myself getting all prickly when some "kid" calls me "sir". Guess I need to start adapting, dammit!!

Mark in DE said...

As a person who knows and loves you, I can say with full confidence that you are much closer to "kid" than to "daddy". In fact, you should have bitch-slapped that PapiHooker who called you daddy!

Mark :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...