Thursday, November 6, 2008

Newspapers Sell Out In NYC


I managed to get a copy of the The New York Times yesterday - but by mid-morning there were no newspapers to be found at newsstands across the city.

The picture above is the line of people waiting outside The New York Times building to purchase a copy. The Times printed an extra run of 50,000 copies to meet the demand.

By 7:00 pm, I saw vendors outside the Port Authority Bus Terminal with plenty of copies, and people were still buying them 5 at a time.

My copy is safely hidden away...

4 comments:

Angel said...

our local paper didn't have some grand headline like that, but I got one anyway and will keep it forever.

Unknown said...

How you get that page on computer? you genius you. Wait till you're my age and trying to get rid of stuff, not save it.Believe me, it is much easier to collect. when i hit the dump on Saturday, we all laugh and the line is...there, now I can go to Walmart and collect some more stuff to throw away.
xoxoxCharlie

David Dust said...

Charlie -

www.newseum.org

XOXO

Mark in DE said...

I didn't realize that EVER happened in NYC.

Mark :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...