Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Have A "Secret" Admirer


Don't forget, Top Chef tonight at 10 pm EST.

I have to share something with the BunnyNation: I have exchanged a few emails with one of the current Cheftestants. I'm not going to divulge the identity of him/her - because I'm not sure if Bravo has any policy about talking to Bloggers (like The Food Network/HGTV/Scripps does). He/she hasn't shared any secrets with me or done anything inappropriate, but I don't want to get this person into trouble.

She/he read my first recap and thought I was funny, so he/she sent me an email. As always, I was extremely honored that someone from the show would actually read my recap, and I was even more blown away by how sweet this person was. I warned her/him that they might not like me so much by the time he/she goes home, because I can sometimes be "brutal" in my quest for funny. I was assured that this person was tough enough to handle it, and I was told to continue doing my thing.

I will divulge this person's identity after she/he gets kicked off the show - or after the finale - whichever comes first..

And if any other of you Cheftestants are out there reading - let me know!

XOXOXO

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Am I allowed to say I knew you (kind of) when? I cannot wait to find out who it is. Very cool.

David Dust said...

Tivo Mom -

I have a feeling that saying "you knew me when" isn't going to get you too far - but be my guest.

XOXOXOXOXO

the dogs' mother said...

Oooooo! Love behind the scenes dish as long as Secret Cheftestant doesn't get in any legal woes.
One thing I've always wondered is what they do with the auf'ed contestants. We know they don't go home but what do they do with their time?

kayce. said...

oh my lord, that is so amazing david!!!

i won't ask for you to tell us who it is, b/c i know you won't, i just hope that you continue to "tell it like it is" in your recaps... my life would lack meaning w/ out my regular thursday afternoon snark! =D

damn, now i am going to start feeling bad for talking about the cheftestants b/c they might be reading... how is THAT a good thing, LMAO? ;)

theminx said...

who who who?

Anonymous said...

hey if its the beefy guy from San Diego...please tell him he has a fan in Houston.

Unknown said...

Fantastic. Would be interesting to know if they read you in previous seasons, or just found you now.

Mark in DE said...

You are a celebrity MAGNENT!

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are totally famous. Can I have your autograph?

Lulda Casadaga said...

Bravo to you DD...I'm so excited to see it tonight and of course to have a wonderful time tomorrow reading your recap...you go boyfriend...give em hell!!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

OMG- I almost feel like I kinda nearly sorta touched a celebrity! BunnyNation is such a great place!

David Dust said...

Miss Ginger -

I'm sure you've actually touched a few celebrities in your day.

I'll have to tell you the story some time of me rubbing up against Marky Mark at a club - repeatedly.

QUITE a funky bunch!....

XOXOXO

Renee said...

That is so awesome. Everyone is reading David Dust and aspiring to be Dust Bunnies.

Romance said...

I hope its one of the yummy guys... the bear, perhaps... and they fall in love with your words and your cute ass self and you end up riding off into the sunset together eating fab food, working out at the gym and you publishing your sheer genius far and wide and then you get married because its totally legal EVERYWHERE and you get a giant book deal and he gets mad funding for his own restuarant and you are both on Oprah and then I visit and we do a photoshoot for the cult and buy cute clothes and drink lots of vodka while toasting our blogs... phew...

Tracy said...

Whoever it is, he/she has great taste -- your recaps are way beyond hilarious. But if it's Fabio, please send him my way, because he doesn't play for your team! SWOOOON!

And would you hurry up and get episode 2 done already?

andrea johnson said...

I'm anxiously awaiting your recap from last night's episode :) :)

its almost as good as the real thing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...