Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I STILL Haven't Moved...


... but that's not a bad thing.  The past four days were spent washing clothes/linens, sorting, throwing stuff away, and organizing.  I've vowed that this time I won't just move my mess to my new apartment.  I have also decided that:

1. There is absolutely no reason for me to go to the Dollar Store 3 times a week.  You cannot imagine how much Dollar Store crap I threw away - it was ridiculous.  Possible fly in the ointment:  there is a Dollar Store literally around the corner from my new place which I'll have to pass every day.  Yikes.

2. I do not need to buy socks, underwear, or t-shirts EVER AGAIN.  Seriously - I have enough Hanes products to last me well into my golden years.

So I will finish up packing this week and try to get everything moved to the new place in the next few days.  My major problem is transportation - because of my credit situation I can't just rent a van, I have to find some kind of mover.  And that isn't necessarily cheap.


BTW - yesterday's Hoarders marathon on A&E was an extremely effective tool in motivating me to throw stuff away.


9 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

The Engineer knows we're in for another organizing project every time I watch Clean House or Hoarders.

Will be thinking good moving thoughts for you!

Joy said...

I feel your pain! This is what I've been doing in bits and pieces. Good resolutions you made! You can do it! XOXOXOXOXXO

Sozo's Blog.com said...

I can't watch hoarders it grosses me out. The one episode I did watch I instantly got up took a shower and started cleaning.

Wonder Man said...

Sounds like you got a lot of stuff. Now, you are making want to clean out my closets

Anonymous said...

I think you are on the right track, honey! Good luck with the move, I'm thinking of you!

Mistress Maddie said...

Jesus Christ, this is the damn longest move I have ever seen!!! To bad Winfred ain't around to help. You know she has a hidden van somewhere, with all the moving apparatious anyone needs. And it's about time the down size thing happened. Now all you have to do is match up all the damn socks, which will take you like a week! LOL! AND WHAT IS IT WITH GAY MEN AND UNDERWEAR? I swear, were like two old ladies. Everytime we go shopping,we buy another pair!

MJ said...

Am quite sure you try everything. I found movers on craigslist and they were cheap and provided the truck and the muscle.
GL & congrats on the Spring Clean!
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Looks like i've found a fellow T-Shirt fetishist.

Wishing you good luck on the move.

Mr.Mischief said...

That hoarders show scares the hell out of me-I go through my shit every six months or so and throw away or donate what I don't use or need anymore to keep my material goods down to a reasonably frugal level, or so I'd like to think..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...