Saturday, July 23, 2011

Let's Just Pretend It's Winter

 Rene







The big air conditioner in my living room has been running 24/7 for 3 days now - and it's still too warm for me to watch TV in there. Even though the air conditioner is pretty big - it's just not powerful enough to cool the living room/dining room/kitchen during a heat wave like this.

So I've retreated to my bedroom, shut the door, and cranked up my room A/C - along with ... count 'em ... THREE fans.

I'll be dreaming of snowflakes and heavy coats in just a little while...


.

2 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I have 2 huge central units.. one upstairs and one down... This time of you, I override them to 72 degrees constantly.... if I let the energy saving thermostat set them up any higher when I'm away, it takes all night for them to cool down to a comfortable temp, especially upstairs. I can't stand sleeping when I'm hot!
Stay cool and drink plenty of ice cold liquids!

mrs.missalaineus said...

our one window unit is 6000 btu's (i think) and even cranking it down to 70 kept it stuffy in here when it was 110 with the heat index- the first wave ended last night when the temps dropped back to the mid 70's by midnight, hopefully that's the weather you all will get this morning.

xxalainaxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...