Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boycott Arizona!


I hope SOMEONE is organizing an economic boycott of Arizona in response to that state's new racist "Show Me Your Papers" law.  As mentioned last night on Keith Olbermann's show, Arizona was the last state to adopt Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a holiday - and only did so after losing tons of money due to boycotts.  Boycotts work.

YES, it sucks to punish the residents of Arizona for the racism of their (Republican) leaders - but maybe they'll think twice next time before voting for these radicals.


5 comments:

kayce. said...

AGREED! i read on huff po that a lot of truckers (go tugboat!) are refusing to drive through AZ already, and that large swaths of people cancelled weekend hotel reservations after the press conference. i'm heartened by this, and will definitely be participating, even in my own miniscule way.

MJ said...

Jon Stewart did a fantastic slam of the AZ Immigration law...also found on HuffPo.
I don't think this will survive SCOTUS...at least I hope not. They have recently ruled on a couple of things that surprised me, although, they do now have a "wise latina".

WickedGayBlog.com said...

I agree, it is absolutely disgusting!

I heard San Fran business and community leaders are organizing a boycott and I hope more companies and organizations do!

WickedGayBlog.com said...

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Wonder Man said...

It was so racist when I lived there, this is no surprise they would something so awful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...