Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cutest Couple EVAH!


After all that DRAMA, the reunion with Dana (my girlfriend from college - above) went fantastically.  Although it was much too short.

Dana came to NYC yesterday with some girlfriends to see a show.  Since she knows me ALL TO WELL, Dana purposefully didn't tell me about her plans - thinking that if given notice, I would have time to weasel out of meeting.  And she was right - I'm totally lame that way.

So after much texing/calling yesterday afternoon, I met them at the theater.  OMG - that girl actually looks BETTER than she did in college.  Beeyotch.  

It was GREAT seeing her.  I walked Dana and her gals from the theater to their restaurant (which was only 2 blocks from my apartment), where we had a drink before they sat down to dinner and I went back to my day.

I was so silly for worrying about my weight, Dana couldn't care less (which I already knew).  But, looking back, I really might have avoided meeting if I realized she still looked so damn good...


Some background ... Dana and I met at Penn State after we both joined a co-ed service fraternity.  We dated, off and on, for a fun but drama-filled couple of years before eventually breaking up for good.  After graduation, Dana got a job the Philly suburbs (where she grew up) as a Biology teacher, a job she still holds today and is absolutely perfect for (don't get her started on whales).

When I finally figured out that this whole "gay" thing wasn't going away and I came out to her, Dana's response was something like "OMG - everything makes sense now!!".  And we've remained email/phone friends ever since, but before yesterday we hadn't actually seen each other in person for almost 20 years.

During our visit yesterday Dana half-kiddingly offered me a place to stay when/if I become homeless.  Won't she be surprised when her doorbell rings and she sees me with 14 trashbags of clothes, an old laptop, and two cranky cats standing at her door??

Dana-Dane - if you're reading this, we MUST get together again soon.  Besides, I owe you a drink...

XOXOXOXO

10 comments:

Wonder Man said...

cute and I can tell you've lost weight

Big Mark 243 said...

I am glad that y'all enjoyed reconnecting and had a great time. Does this mean y'all will keep in touch even more..? Jus' wonderin'...

Anonymous said...

Where's the pic of you two from twenty years ago?

mrs.missalaineus said...

i'm glad you all got to hang. you both look fabulous to me!

xxalainaxx

Unknown said...

Awesome! And you to look so cute together.

Ken Riches said...

Great picture of the two of you. Glad you held up your end and met with them.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me in the least. No matter what the scale says, you are still funny, sweet and adorable! I do get it though. As much as I love Jenny's visits, I dread standing beside a buff runner.

Glad you got to see Dana (how cute is she?!?!) and had such a great time!

MJ said...

Very cute pic and happy story...
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Wow, David!!! How surprised was I to see me posted all over your blog!!! Wow! I'm honored! It was so wonderful to see you yesterday, my only regret is that it was too short of a visit! I absolutely love you to death and always, always will!!!! And yes, we are the cutest couple EVAH!!! (Love that!) and you have to post the pics of us from college, just for old time laugh! If you don't have them, let me know, I will scan some in:) Love you so much!
Dana Dane

Beth said...

I'm so happy that you had such a great reunion. You obviously still adore each other as friends, and I think that is so cool! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...