Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Weigh In - Small Victories


I lost another pound last week – bringing my total up to 15 lbs lost since March 25th.  My goal is to lose 2-3 lbs. per week – so dropping only 1 is a little disappointing.  But considering all that happened last week, it could have easily been worse.

For some reason I just wasn’t “into” walking – and didn’t do it every day.  And when I did walk, I usually didn’t make it the whole way.  In addition, work was stressful with at least one major crisis that resulted in me getting yelled at by my boss.  I tend to take these things extremely personally, and since I am an emotional eater all I wanted to do was lose myself in a carb frenzy.  However, I resisted.

One thing I couldn’t resist, however, was hanging out with The Minx this weekend!  She was in NYC for an event, so we arranged to meet on Friday and Sunday for meals.  On Friday, THIS was my dinner…


Yep – I took The Minx to dinner at Arby’s in Brooklyn.  And I must say, I was extremely good – only eating ONE of the Minx’s curly fries!!  However, due to a kitchen mix-up I ended up with an extra (free) roast beef sandwiches (I just HATE it when that happens!).  I ate one at the restaurant and the other one I shared with my kitties later that night. Apparently Oscar adores Arby’s roast beef almost as much as I do.

On Saturday night I found myself craving ice cream.  So I walked to Gristedes to get some of that Breyers “Carb Smart” stuff (below)…


Unfortunately they only had chocolate (which I don’t like) – so I ended up buying a pint of “Root Beer Float” ice cream – which is definitely NOT “carb smart”.  Needless to say, that pint didn’t stand a chance.

On Sunday The Minx and I got together again – this time in Koreatown.  We had decided on Korean BBQ so I could eat meat (insert joke HERE) – and the restaurant didn’t disappoint…


Each table at Kang Suh has a little grill in the middle, and if you order the BBQ, they grill it up right there.  The picture above is the “pork” I ordered – which was basically two giant, thick slabs of bacon - surrounded by all the accoutrement they give you.  Delish!

Anywhore – with all that happened (or didn’t happen – e.g. walking) last week, I can’t complain that I only lost one pound.  It’s certainly better than gaining.


7 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I say put it in the win column and carry on.

Anonymous said...

After all the weight you lost the first two weeks, you were due for a slow week. I learned that on the biggest looser.

You need to check out Bucko's blog and his posting about the new $1 menu at ARBY"S!!! Good luck with that!

http://buckoclown.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

Congratulations! You're doing well and deserve to treat yourself once a week! Yay!!!! Glad you had fun and good meals with the Minx.

Wonder Man said...

you still lost a pound, so your body is responding well

Unknown said...

Good job, and great outlook!
Don't commit carbicide. (that's a reference to the movie Bruno.)

Kwana said...

Good for you. 1 down is a win. Guess what. I'm back at it again to. Yikes!

Beth said...

So glad to hear how well you're doing. Keep it up! (That's what HE said! heehee) XOXO Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...