Thursday, April 22, 2010

¡Qué Escándalo!


A Latin American publication - TV y Novelas - is reporting that back in the day Ricky Martin dated Mexican model/actor/heartthrob Eduardo Verástegui. This wouldn't be a big deal since we all now know that Ricky is a proud Homersextical. However, Mr. Verástegui (described by Joe.My.God as 'notoriously closeted') was one of the most vocal supporters of Prop 8 - California's anti-gay marriage initiative.  In fact, he was the spokesbitch for their anti-gay Spanish ad campaign...


Trust me, I KNOW how hard it is being in the closet.  But there's a difference between suffering in silence and ACTIVELY WORKING AGAINST GAY CAUSES because of your own self-hatred.  I hope Mr. Verástegui is sweating bullets - praying that Ricky doesn't tell all.

THAT would be what us Gays like to call "Karma", and it can be quite the nasty Beeyotch...

5 comments:

Bob said...

Indeed!
I loathe closted homosexualophobes.

behrmark said...

From Wkipedia:

Before filming commenced on Chasing Papi Verástegui took voice-coaching lessons to improve his English pronunciation. The coach was a committed Christian and in the course of their conversations Verástegui re-discovered his faith and resolved to change his lifestyle.[1] He refused roles in films which conflicted with his beliefs and co-founded the production company Metanoia (the Greek word for 'conversion').

Sam said...

what a douchebag.

Anonymous said...

David, it's been no secret that closet-queers are the ones who've been a thorn on gay rights and Eduardo Verastegui is allegedly one of us, not straight as he's been trying to shove down everyone's throats.

Fire and Ice said...

Idk... I met Mr. Verastegui a couple of years ago when he was starting his (failed) singing career and he was such a sweetheart to us, his musicians. I'm not saying he is or isn't gay but that guy was an amazingly nice guy and I by no means a douchebag. Although I do support gay marriage as I believe everyone has the right to be happy, I also believe that everyone has the rights to their own beliefs. Eduardo advocates for ATM (abstinence 'til marriage) and while I don't agree with that belief I can grant him the right to an opinion. Maybe I'm just naive like that.

David Dust I really heart your blog...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...