Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Afternoon Disco Break - Tribute to Studio 54


NYC's legendary disco Studio 54 opened exactly 33 years ago this week - and people are STILL talking about it.  Studio (along with Paradise Garage and The Saint) is one of those clubs I wish I'd been able to experience first-hand.  After all, rubbing shoulders with Liza, Andy and Bianca would have been awesome...


Actually, I WAS able to see to Studio 54 once.  In the mid-90's it re-opened briefly as a nightclub before becoming a full-time Broadway theater.  I checked it out on Gay Night (the club is literally 2 blocks away from my apartment) - but it wasn't very exciting.  After a few weeks the nightclub shut down for good.

The venue is now the home of the Roundabout Theatre Company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first glance I thought that was Rosario Dawson in the photo

Joy said...

Imagine what all went on there! The stories we've heard are probably the tip of the iceberg.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...