Saturday, April 10, 2010

Afternoon Dance Break - In The Dark We Live


A "friend" once told me about his experience in the pre-dawn hours at the old Sound Factory on West 27th Street (above).  He had taken a little Ecstasy (he was young and a bit reckless at the time) and DJ Junior Vasquez put on In The Dark We Live.  This "friend" can still remember, in vivid detail, the bells of this song ringing in perfect timing with the mind-blowing light show.  And as the record chanted "I can see the light", he remembers the artificial sunrise/dawn they created inside the club.  It still sends chills down my "friend's" spine.  At least that's what he told me ...

3 comments:

Peter Maria said...

I wish I was "friends" with your "friend", and that he was visiting me in Chicago when I first heard this song. Walking home from the "Whoretex" Sunday AM as the sun was coming up over Lake Michigan would have possibly blown your "friend's" mind, but it would have been totally worth it when we went to the Melrose for chocolate chip banana pancakes and bacon (or whatever else your "friend" wanted for breaky-fa).

David Dust said...

Dearest Peter -

I will pass this information along to my "friend". BTW - he probably would have ordered the Eggs Benedict for breakfast ...

:)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

I love that this record can still turn out a dancefloor. We used to go beserk whenever we heard the clanks start!

Thanks for bringing back memories of good times

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...