Thursday, April 15, 2010

Walking In NYC - Street Vendors

Handmade Jewelry


Last night during my walk I took some pictures of the various street vendors peddling their wares along the way.  You might be surprised by all the crap stuff you can buy on the busy streets of Manhattan.

"How To Roll A Blunt For Dummies". The author was autographing the copies he sold.


Fresh Fruit


Sunglasses


$6.00 Shirts


This truck seemed to sell every food under the sun - all of it "Halal" (permissible under Islamic Law).



This guy (in front of the Port Authority Bus Terminal) was "Nuts 4 Nuts".  It just so happens that a lot of other men loitering outside the Port Authority are "Nuts 4 Nuts" also.  And they too charge a fee for their nuts - which are NOT honey-roasted.  As a rule.


I also passed a woman selling churros (kind of a long Latin American doughnut), as well as people selling children's books, $5.00 "Pashmina" scarves, Zodiac wall plaques, and items used for smoking (but not tobacco).  The last guy (Mr. Smokey) DEFINITELY didn't want me taking his picture...



4 comments:

kayce. said...

atlanta is all of a sudden getting on the street vendor bandwagon, tho so far it's limited to hot dogs, wings, and a few city-installed newsstands. it's cute, but i can't wait until i'm able to buy a "blunt-rolling for dummies" book on my way to school. ;)

Bob said...

I love streetwalking in NYC!

XOXOXOXOX

Wonder Man said...

The shirts for $6 tickles me

Mark in DE said...

Ah, I LOVE NYC!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...