Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Morning Madonna Break: Burning Up


Yes, I took a break last night from laundry/organizing/panicking to watch Glee – and I cannot recall a more enjoyable hour of television … EVER.

As everyone knows by now, last night was Glee’s “Madonna Episode”.  I found myself clapping, vogueing, and squealing in the midst of the mess that is my apartment.  It was like someone picked the brains of a bunch of 30/40-something gay males and created a television episode based on the results.

Madonna is the gay icon of my generation.  Like Judy Garland before and Lady GaGa currently, Madge was/is THE entertainer many gay men my age idolize.  Yes, there are others – but Madonna was/is the one for me.


I will never forget in 11th grade when my friend Stacey played the “Madonna” album (Madge’s first - above) for me.  It was instant love.  And every time my high school gang took a road trip in Stacey’s huge Pontiac/Buick/Whatever, we always played that Madonna cassette.

My favorite song at the time was Burning Up.  In fact, I can remember doing a little in-the-car lip synch performance to the song with lots of gyrating, yearning and general writhing.  Goodness, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gay (and yet still in the closet).

So, for your musical enjoyment, I present to you a gay icon ... Madonna ...

9 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

"La Isla Bonita" was the first Madonna song my 11 year old heart fell in love with.

WickedGayBlog.com said...

I could not agree more David. I laughed, I screamed, I got up and shook my thang!

Joy said...

Glee was so good last night!

Wonder Man said...

That's one of the few M songs I like

behrmark said...

Do you know if I can watch the episode online yet?

David Dust said...

Behrmark -

Yes - you can watch it on Hulu.

xoxoxoxo

Tivo Mom said...

I loved the whole episode and by the way Borderline was always my fav...

Big Mark 243 said...

In the early 90's I would rock out to 'Holiday' even though it was passe

Great in Korea...

I was more than jealous watching the episode... THAT was the high school that I wanted to be in and the kind of club I would have loved to have been in!!

Great show.

Ron Buckmire said...

"Lucky Star" was the first Madonna song I heard, in london!

My fave is probably "Open Your Heart" but the videos for "Vogue" or "Like A Prayer" or "Express Yourself" are classics.

Anyone else have "Remixed Prayers"?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...