Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tales From Astoria: Body Found In Snow-Covered Car


The body of a 31-year-old man was found in his snow/ice-covered BMW yesterday - just a few blocks away from my apartment. Police are still investigating.

Unfortunately this comes as little or no surprise for anyone who has seen the huge piles of snow that line the streets of NYC. There are still many parked cars that were never dug out after all the storms - so goodness knows what else we'll find when it all melts.

Story HERE.

.

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I have yet to equate Astoria with Queens so I didn't know that was your part of NYC!! I've got to find a primer of boroughs of NYC.

Mistress Maddie said...

How gross! You never know you may even find a craw dad! I rememeber two years ago they found a dead body near the train tracks in the high grass here. I never did find out who it was, the body was to decomposed to tell.

Unknown said...

That's so sad. He was only 31.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

That's horrible! What a way to go! I've never seen that kind of killer snow in my life! I think I'll keep my hurricanes- at least we can outrun those!

Beth said...

Oh, that's awful! And what a terrible way to perish. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...