Sunday, February 6, 2011

The United Kingdom, Explained


I like to think of myself at someone who knows his Geography and History - after all, those are my two favorite categories of Trivial Pursuit. And, as we all know, trivia games are totally the way we measure knowlege. Forget the SAT's and IQ Tests - the true test of one's education is whether or not you can beat Mama Bunny at Trivial Pursuit. And I CAN and HAVE - don't let her tell you otherwise.


So imagine my surprise when I watched this 5 minute video regarding the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England (etc.) and realized I had no idea about a lot of this stuff. This, I'm sure, is due to the fact that there's no "United Kingdom, Etc." category in Trivial Pursuit. Check it out below:




 .

6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

God Save the Queen! Which I grew up singing. Not sure if they ask Canadian school children to do that anymore. He left out one thing - Hong Kong - which England *rented* - I bet he can talk faster and edit that in...

You find the greatest stuff!!!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Wow- that is pretty incredible! I had no idea it was so complicated!

Kailyn said...

And this is why I will beat you at Trivial Pursuit any day. ;-)

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I reposted you entry on facebook and 2 of my English friends both commented independently that they learned a few things!

Joy said...

Neat! I thought Hong Kong went back to China.

the dogs' mother said...

It did, go back to China, but was so unique (rented) that I thought it worth a mention. I watched the whole ceremony like a good Dominionite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...