Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Shower


Hot water
Sometimes the warmth lulls me into a half-sleep


Standing in the puddle formed in the porcelain
In here I think about the future


Reflect on the past
And of course I sing
It doesn't matter what I sing
Just that I do


For a few minutes I am sealed off from the world
My tune is both personal and nonsense at once
But it is an expression of freedom


I know exactly where I am
I know exactly where I wish I was
When I step out from behind the curtain
The cold air will jolt me back to the here and now


And the safety of this haze will be gone
But I will feel completely alive
Ready to plot my next move


And oh yeah... a little cleaner



Poem Source

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that black dude in the spandex is hot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...