Thursday, March 31, 2011

So THAT Happened ...


Anyone have anything to say about last night's Top Chef All Stars Finale?? Cause I got nothing.

Actually, that's not true, I've got a couple things....


  • I know it's a horrible thing to say, but I was kinda hoping Bighead Mike would win - just to see what kind of quivering, jibberish-spewing, Gollum-esque MESS Blais would have turned into. And YES, I DO know I'm going to Hell - see you there.


  • We (the viewers) are at a disadvantage when the judges get near-perfect meals. Since we can't taste the fabulous food, we must rely on drama in order to be entertained - and last night there was very little drama. Blais was a tad psychotic, and Bighead Mike was a tad too confident - end of story. For example, I would have given anything to see Jamie screw up a scallops dish again. Anything!



  • I had to chuckle when Art Smith said "I didn't like the way it felt in my mouth". Especially when I realized that particular phrase has never left MY mouth.



  • Gail Simmons and The Boobies simply ADORE sauces made from long, tubular pork products. Please make a note of it.



  • Finally, if Carla Hall doesn't get her own show, then the people in charge of The Teevee need a swift kick in the Hootie Hoos. I would watch the hell outta anything she was on - especially if the show also included Carla's adorable husband:



Well, that's all I got. Anybody have any thoughts? Feel free to let it all out in the Comments section...



.

10 comments:

Mark, née Fuzz said...

Make a note of it. My boobies and I also love long, tubular pork.

the dogs' mother said...

Gollum-esque LOLOLOLOLOL!

All in all, it was a fun season and a good idea to do an All Stars version. Apparently the reunion show will be interesting as sour grapes will be on the menu via Elia.

Doug said...

The anticlimactic finale (neither of the final two were my faves) was completely destroyed by the presence of Andy Cohen immediately after. Can't we get rid of him somehow?

Looking forward to the reunion for sure!

Tom A. said...

It was good. but muppets would have made it a lot more fun!

I did like that they couldn't choose their sous chefs directly, but had to guess by their dishes!

Anonymous said...

I knew Richard was going to win because in the promos, big head kept saying he was a better cook. There is a huge difference between a cook and a chef and the show is Top Chef not Top Cook.

Unknown said...

I just didn't care enough to watch, so I didn't. The All-Star version didn't work for me - absecond season gave me way too much time to dislike them. Honestly, I've enjoyed the first episodes of Marcel's Quantum Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Hey - what happened to Art Smith? They reran Top Chef Masters and he must have lost 75 lbs.

Tivo Mom said...

I loved the season but was not crazy about the final two. Wanted Dale there.

Anonymous said...

The whole season was kind of 'meh.' I also kinda wanted Mike to win.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

My fucking DVR didn't tape the finale!! WTF!!! I'm guessing from your recap that Blais one. I hope he was a gracious winner. I'm glad DouchMike lost. Now, the "L" tatooed on his forehead is official!

I also adore Mark Fuzz's boobies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...