Anyone have anything to say about last night's Top Chef All Stars Finale?? Cause I got nothing.
Actually, that's not true, I've got a couple things....
- I know it's a horrible thing to say, but I was kinda hoping Bighead Mike would win - just to see what kind of quivering, jibberish-spewing, Gollum-esque MESS Blais would have turned into. And YES, I DO know I'm going to Hell - see you there.
- We (the viewers) are at a disadvantage when the judges get near-perfect meals. Since we can't taste the fabulous food, we must rely on drama in order to be entertained - and last night there was very little drama. Blais was a tad psychotic, and Bighead Mike was a tad too confident - end of story. For example, I would have given anything to see Jamie screw up a scallops dish again. Anything!
- I had to chuckle when Art Smith said "I didn't like the way it felt in my mouth". Especially when I realized that particular phrase has never left MY mouth.
- Gail Simmons and The Boobies simply ADORE sauces made from long, tubular pork products. Please make a note of it.
- Finally, if Carla Hall doesn't get her own show, then the people in charge of The Teevee need a swift kick in the Hootie Hoos. I would watch the hell outta anything she was on - especially if the show also included Carla's adorable husband:
Well, that's all I got. Anybody have any thoughts? Feel free to let it all out in the Comments section...