Monday, March 21, 2011

Taco Bell Beefy Burritos Are Too Damn High


From Gawker:
A man in San Antonio brandished weapons at a Taco Bell, exchanged gunfire with police and spent three hours negotiating with a SWAT team from inside his hotel room. Because Taco Bell raised the price of the Beefy Crunch Burrito. 
The price of the Beefy Crunch Burrito had gone up from 99 cents to $1.49 and the man at the Rigsby Road Taco Bell drive-thru had just ordered seven... 
"They did use to be 99 cents, but that was just a promotion," [Restaurant manager Brian] Tillerson said. "He pointed a gun at me, and he fired it. I leaned to the side and there was a pop but nothing happened."

The man eventually was eventually flushed out of his hotel room (where he went to "get his burrito on") with the help of tear gas.

OK - I realize that violence is never the answer, but I can kind of relate. Taco Bell is one of the many fine dining options in my neighborhood - and has always been a great place to strap on the feedbag when one is broke (which I often am). But the other day I decided to "make a run for the border" and my total came to over $12 bucks!! They're lucky I don't own any guns...


7 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

From Road Rage to Fast Food Rage... what is next??

Mr.Mischief said...

I could see getting riled up about Arbys, but Taco Bell? The only thing that gets riled up after Taco Bell for me is my colon.

David Dust said...

Mr. M -

I will pay ANY price for delicious roast beef!

:)

Mark, née Fuzz said...

Taco Bell used to be ok when you were liquored up and wanted to fill your belly with tacos. Their executive chef has made some really bad decisions of late. A tortilla filled with Fritos? Filled with potatoes? Really? Tacos with a side of potato chips? Never mind the prices, the menu is reason enough to shoot the place up. It's never really been Mexican cuisine. It's not even Mexican inspired anymore.

I won't dare critique Arby's.

Anonymous said...

just think, if he had been at your Arby's you would have probably cut him down before he could interrupt lunch.

a bitch doesn't get in the way of me and my roast beef!

hugs

Joy said...

People take their fast food seriously. Remember that woman who called 911 because they quit serving breakfast at one of them? (or something) Well, I have a couple of the details!

Wonder Man said...

Taco Bell... I need Taco John's

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...