Sunday, April 17, 2011

80's Flashback: Scritti Politti - Perfect Way


During my week at home I had plenty of time to watch things on TV I wouldn't normally watch. And one of these things was Hot Tub Time Machine. Don't judge! Besides, I've always thought Craig Robinson was kind of adorable. For you damn dirty RACISTS (you know who you are), Craig is the "the black guy" from The Office.

Anywhore, Hot Tub Time Machine features a bunch of 80's songs - including Scritti Politti's Perfect Way. Hearing that song brought back memories of my intense love for Scritti Politti. This love affair probably lasted 10-12 days (give or take), until Wham or Spandau Ballet came out with a new album and I forgot all about them. You know how teenagers are...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hot Tub Time Machine was such a good movie. I was surprised.

David Dust said...

Mecha -

I agree - I was shocked as hell it was so enjoyable.

XOXOXO

D said...

On a side note... loved your reference to Boys in the Band on another page... I love that movie... it truly defined the self-loathing homosexual. Will I ever find my Dilbert Botts, DDS?

Kailyn said...

Damn. Now you're going to make me pull out my old vinyl -- the Scritti Politti, Wham! and Spandau Ballet.

SteveA said...

When I saw the headline of your post I immediately thought Hot Tub Time Machine. I've actually written a post on this movie which for me is one of my faves now! And of course Scritti Pollitti - so 80's and I so love that name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...