Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunday In The Bars With Howard


I had an absolutely lovely Sunday with my dear friend - and award-winning music blogger - Howard. Yes, his visit was the reason I called in DRONK yesterday morning.

Howard told me a couple weeks ago that he was coming to NYC to see  Australian vocalist Nathan Leigh Jones perform at Joe's Pub:


I told Howard that I'd love to accompany him, so we met in the village a few hours before the show to catch up and have a "few cocktails". And by "a few", I mean "MANY".

We started at Baoguette/Pho Sure - a Vietnamese sandwich place that The Minx turned me on to for a quick (and cheap) bite to eat:



Then it was cocktail time. First stop - the legendary Monster:



Next stop - the even more legendary Stonewall:


After many rounds, we decided to stumble walk over to Joe's Pub. Once there, we met one of their lovely bartenders - Kate - who served us many MORE cocktails. We found out that Kate is a musician, and one of the projects she's involved with is an Andrews Sisters tribute act called The Tickled Pinks. OMG - Patty, Maxene and LaVerne - in the flesh!


After chatting with Kate for a while, we enjoyed the absolutely delightful show and then were invited to the after-party (it was Nathan Leigh Jone's 30th birthday) at the nearby Cooper Square Hotel:



The Second Floor Bar was extremely swanky - but I was passing out getting tired, so I went home to Astoria:



Howard stayed at the party for a while, before eventually retreating to his sister's house in New Jersey. And, I'm sure once he's recovered, Howard will recap the show in much more detail on his BLOG.

So who's coming to NYC next??? I promise to get you wasted show you a fun time!


.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Girl! First weekend in May for me :)

mrs.missalaineus said...

we dont call these sick days, we call them 'mental health days'.

glad you enjoyed yourselves!

xxalainaxx

Mistress Maddie said...

Girl, you know I want to do Urges very soon, but I also have something upcoming I think we can go see also maybe sometime in May! Except you know, I don't drink!

Unknown said...

i love your Fabulous New Yawk Life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...