Saturday, July 16, 2011

There Goes The Neighborhood!


I noticed a couple of Rainbow Flags attached to this realty company's awning in my neighborhood yesterday. Apparently they want TEH GAYS to live in Astoria!!

This ALWAYS happens to me. When I moved to Hell's Kitchen in the early 90's, the only gay things in the neighborhood were me and the one-and-only gay bar down the block (I was gayer, btw). A few years later and now you can't swing a feather boa on 9th Avenue without hitting at least a dozen Queens (or gay bars, for that matter).

They're following me ... I'm telling ya.


6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

We should send you around the country. I think moving next door to the Bachmanns would be a good start.

designing wally said...

Sweetie...
Astoria is a gay bar....

xoxox

Sam said...

Oh lawd. I know exactly what your talking bout. I use to be the only gay trucker but you can't turn your c.b. On and not hear at least ten " I ain't got no panties on" by some 100 yr. Old five packs a day pawpaw.
It's a travesty.

Anonymous said...

Actually, around here (in Texas) many cities try to attract 'the gays' to certain areas. They always buy the old run down houses, clean them up, open up trendy businesses, and turn the neighborhood around. Then, of course, 'the gays' have to move because they can't afford to live there anymore...

Joy said...

Too funny! You're a trendsetter!! But we knew that!

Love you! Love your gayborizing!! xoxoxoxoxxo

kayce. said...

you're a mega trendsetter, obviously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...