Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Million Fag March


The "Million Fag March" will take place on March 30, 2008 in Topeka, Kansas. The march is intended to protest the hate that consistently spews forth from the Westboro Baptist Church, and its founder, Fred Phelps.

From Wikipedia:

The church bases its work around the belief expressed by its best known slogan and the address of its primary website, "God hates fags", and expresses the idea, based on its Biblical eisegesis, that nearly every tragedy in the world is linked to homosexuality – specifically society's increasing tolerance and acceptance of the so-called "Homosexual Agenda." The group maintains that God hates homosexuals above all other kinds of "sinners" and that homosexuality should be a capital crime.





I see these bastards every year at the "Southern Decadence" celebration in New Orleans - and they are pretty sad excuses for human beings. They will set up shop right in the middle of this huge gay event, in hopes of provoking debate and/or fights. Most queens simply ignore them, which is probably the best thing you can do. Although I must say, after a hot and humid day in New Orleans - and a few dozen cocktails - I've been VERY tempted to punch one of these assholes in the face. Luckily that hasn't happened - so far.

So for goodness sakes, if you are ANYWHERE near Topeka on March 30 - go and march against these fuckers - and let them know what God REALLY hates - HATE.

Check out the Million Fag March website here:

6 comments:

Angel said...

this is just so. sad.

The God I worship is not a God of hate....that's all I know. I don't know who THEY worship, but it's not the same obviously.

Why does this have to happen in this day and age? I just don't get it. People are so ignorant, and it's so sad.

My cousin was Gay and he was the best friend I ever had as a child, and I would give anything to have him back with me. In fact, I just dreamed about him the other day, and I was asking him where the heck he's been, that I haven't seen him in forever!! :)

I love you David Dust, and am PROUD to be Dust Bunny. Forget the Hate Mongers....what a lowly, pathetic life they live.

David Dust said...

Beth - I TRY not to let people like this bother me - but it's hard sometimes. I do take comfort in the fact that THEY will be the ones rotting in hell, not me.

And I am proud of you and all of my Dust Bunnies - for being so loving and wise!

Anonymous said...

These people are assholes. They even "protest" at soldier's funerals - because America enables "fags". Total assholes.

Anonymous said...

Please know that not every Christian feels that way, and those of us that don't want to punch them as much as you do!

David Dust said...

Hi Jennie -

Thanks for the comment. I do realize that these idiots do not even remotely resemble real Christians, or think the way most real Christians think.

And please, feel free to punch away!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, so now I am trying to think where on 'net I can find pictures of David 'celebrating' in New Orleans.

Wish I had the time and money to be a part of the march. Like you, however, I might not be as forgiving and calm, or at least be tempted to wear a 'Jesus hearts Fags' t-shirt. Or maybe one that says 'What does the Bible say about hate?'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...