Monday, February 11, 2008

It's White Meat Monday...


Happy White Meat Monday, dear Dust Bunnies!

Did you guys watch the Grammys last night? The parts I watched were, for the most part, fabulous. However the opening – with Alicia Keys and the very dead Frank Sinatra – was kind of a dud.

Tina Turner was fan-fucking-tastic, and was obviously celebrating the fact that Ike had finally died. When Cher introduced her, I could almost hear the gay gasps from around the world. I never realized that Cher has been a Tina Turner fan since she was 16 years old – which would make it sometime during the Calvin Coolidge administration.

But I have to mention Miss Amy WineWarehouse. I was totally waiting for the train wreck that never came. She TURNED IT OUT. And she had this little smirk on her face that kind of said – “You thought I was going to be a mess, didn’t you? Well SUCK IT BITCHES!” In the words of our little Mango - she was fierce.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy Winehouse did mess up the lyrics once in "Rehab" - but at least she wasn't mumbling.

Anonymous said...

What was up with Cher's wig? WTF?!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more girl!!!

Marker said...

I'm glad for AW. The more I listen to "Back to Black", the more I love that album, and I started out loving it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...