Tuesday, February 5, 2008

General Hospital Actress Dies


Shell Kepler, who played General Hospital's resident gossip and nurse, died Friday at the age of 49. See the full story here.

I used to LOVE Nurse Amy Vining, Shell's character on the show. I started watching General Hospital (or as we simply called it - "General") in the 7th grade - and continued through college. In fact, the TV lounge in my (male) college dorm was reserved for General Hospital viewing ONLY from 3:00 to 4:00 each weekday. And let me tell you - that room was usually PACKED. We were NOT about to miss the exploits of Luke and Laura, Monica and Alan (and the rest of the Quartermains), Blackie, Dr. Noah Drake, and my absolute favorite - crazy ass Heather Webber.

It's a shame that Nurse Amy Vining will no longer be spreading gossip from the nurse's station at General Hospital. Rest in peace girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey- I still watch GH and love it, but it is not as good as the old days.Any word yet on a death cause? How did Amy leave? I don't remember her being written off.Did she leave town or just disappear from the canvas like others?

David Dust said...

She left the show in 2002 (after I stopped watching). I don't know how they ended her storyline (which she really didn't have - all she did was talk smack at the Nurses Station - and get yelled at by Head Nurse Jessie Brewer!).

They said the cause of death was Renal (kidney) failure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...