Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Thriller" Turns 25 Today


Twenty-five years ago today, Thriller was released, going on to sell more than 100 million copies. To commemorate this anniversary, a Thriller special edition goes on sale today, featuring remixes by stars like Fergie and Kanye West. The boxed set includes the original 9 songs, reworked versions of those songs by today’s stars, a DVD with Thriller music videos, and a 48 page book with song lyrics and photos.

To mark this anniversary, Michael Jackson recently released a statement thanking fans and saying "there is still much to come from Michael Jackson". Mothers around the world immediately began hiding their young sons.


Michael Jackson out "shopping"


I really am getting old. It seems like only yesterday that my high school classmates and I were debating which Michael Jackson song we liked best.

5 comments:

Angel said...

well, if you're old then I am ANCIENT!! I remember Thriller. this guy I liked was in LOVE with Michael Jackson....hhhhmmmmmmm, I wonder what ever happened to him? ;)

that's when he was really, really good. it's a shame how he went downhill....

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Sadly, I'm going to totally want this CD. I remember that my dad had the Thriller video on laser disk (oh, that takes me back).

I did get a copy of the original album on vinyl, so it shouldn't be that big a surprise that I want this.

He's still a freak, though.

David Dust said...

TOTAL freak.

Anonymous said...

Yes, my dear, you are old. Thebudge

David Dust said...

My Darling Budge -

Thanks for the comment! And remember dear - you will always be older than me.

XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...