Monday, February 25, 2008

Last Night At The Oscars...


I watched most of the Academy Awards last night – although I missed the red carpet arrivals (I was at the Laundromat washing clothes – glamorous!). The Oscars are a BIG DEAL to a lot of people – but I hardly ever go to the movies, so the show invariably features a bunch of movies I’ve never seen. Nevertheless I took a peek – and made some observations.

Jon Stewart is hysterical. I could watch him tying his shoes – and he would still make me laugh. Best line (regarding the upcoming presidential election): “Usually when you see a black or woman president, an asteroid has just hit the Statue of Liberty.” So true. It was also adorable when he let that chick (who won for some documentary or animated somesuch) come back and give her acceptance speech – since she had been cut off by the producers/band/powers that be. Adorable.

Whoever is dressing Jennifer Hudson needs to be shot. If it is still Andre Leon Tally (from Vogue), someone must get an elephant gun and shoot that big bitch NOW. Andre ALWAYS dresses her wrong (remember the weird space wrap/jacket thingy last year?!?). JHud's boobies arrived 5 minutes before she did. She is a very attractive girl – someone just needs to put her in appropriate clothes.



Advice to Diablo Cody, who won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar for Juno: just because you USED TO BE a stripper, doesn’t mean you should STILL dress like one. You are adorable (and an Oscar winner, for goodness sakes) – proceed IMMEDIATELY to Chanel. Also, you can stop using your stripper name now.



And finally, Javier Bardem is one SEXY daddy. In fact, he’s the Daddy of the Day over at Dwight Supremacy (click here to see). My blogger buddy Dwight has EXCELLENT taste.

8 comments:

Marker said...

Hey DDust - I know it's White Meat Monday, but I was going to nominate Javier Bardem as Daddy of the Day for looking, sounding, and being so very very hot last night, so I'm glad you mentioned him. Thank DOG he won and not fake-modest/truly obnoxious George Clooney.

Marion Cotillard, c'est magnifique!! Vive La France!

Thanks for the link to Dwight Supremacy - another great blog to add to my list.

Marker said...

Oh and P.S. - LOVE YOU for your comment re: Andre Leon Talley. Full agreement.

David Dust said...

Marker - I agree - Marion Cotillard was so cute when she won.

Also, look for Javier tomorrow...

Angel said...

I didn't even watch the oscars...Don't hate me! I used to watch them all the time, but they dissed my girl Angelina this year, so screw 'em. And the red carpet was kinda boring.....

JHud DOES need some help and not from Queen Talley....that gold bolero thing he made her wear last year was God-awful!! Her boobs looks so....wierd in that dress. But I like her hair..cute!

David Dust said...

Beth darling - I could never hate you!!

Someone else said that JHud's dress made her boobs look like she was having a mammogram - squishing them down and spreading them out!

Robguy said...

If I manage to catch the Oscars here (Australia) I'll watch it just for Jon Stewart.

Anonymous said...

Yo, DD, thanks for the shot out, sir! —Loyal Dust Bunny, Dwight :)

David Dust said...

Australia!!! I LOVE it when people from other countries find my blog...that is so cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...