Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bits & Pieces: Nice Models, Spike, Johnny Weir & Top Haircut

 

I got a cute comment from cute model Jonathan Isaiah (below), who I featured on January 27th...


LOL, somehow came across this blog site. thanks for the love & support man!

-respectfully,
Jonathan Isaiah 

Wasn't that sweet?!?  Much nicer that "TAKE MY PICTURES DOWN!!!".


 
Over the weekend I watched Be Good Johnny Weir, an ongoing documentary on the Sundance Channel about figure skater Johnny Weir (above).  He is likable and funny (and oh-so-gay), and it was interesting watching all the hard work he puts into his sport.

Yesterday it was reported that Johnny was bowing to pressure from animal rights activists and will NOT use real fur in his Olympic costume (they had threatened to disrupt his routine).  This must have KILLED that queen, because Johnny LOVES his "fuh". 


Here's a blast from the past...


Chef Spike Mendelsohn from Top Chef Season 4 is following me on Twitter.  Goodness, I wonder if he's read all the STANK I wrote about him in my recaps?!?  I actually feel bad now...


And, finally...


Did anybody watch Top Haircut A.K.A. Shear Genius last night?  OMG - how HORRIBLE was Camila Alves (above)?  Shhhhh ... be VEWWWWY qwiet ... she's hunting WABBITS!!  Camila Alves makes Rene Fris sound like Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music.

PLUS Jonathan Antin (who I can't stand) is on Shear Genius this season - so I personally won't be watching.  However, if you are a fan, the folks at Blogging Bravo will provide you with everything you need to know.  Also, our good friend The Minx will be doing her patented hysterical recaps - so I feel like there is no need for me to mention Shear Genius ever again...

>P, B!!

11 comments:

kayce. said...

BITCH! do you KNOW how close i was to texting you about the way that girl talks?!? i was sitting there thinking: "is she deaf? asian? italian? i can't figure it out!" it totally ruins the show for me.

and i am glad as hell that you are watching "be good johnny weir" b/c that is my gbff in my mind. he is too cute and so very likable, as you said. i've been catching it on ondemand, and i love his Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent. ;))

Stephen said...

It is a thrill, isn't it?
On my little spot on the internet, I reveiwed a book & the author emailed me. I did a post about a singer from the 1980s that I was crazy about... & she left a comment.

& DD, you have the power to make or beak these young models. be gentle!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Miss Ginger commented on someones blog just yesterday that she is boycotting Shear Haircut due the insufferable Jonathan Antin. I can't stand him, either!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing up Camila Alves. She is horrible as a host. How was she picked? There was NO ONE else available for this job?

I'm not a Jonathan fan, but he at least has some personality and presence on screen. He would have been better. Was there not some fabulous drag queen, comic, actress, anyone available?! I seriously don't think I can watch the show with her.

Unknown said...

As you know when we Twatted last night, I can't believe they actually saw a clip of her and let that show air. I mean, cummon, the only thing worse than her enunciation could have been her total lack of ability to emote. Is it possible her personality had Botox?

Paul Benjamin said...

A model who has a good personality automatically becomes 10 times HOTTER in my book! That was very sweet of him.

I saw Camila as a guest this week on Chelsea Lately. She really had no personality. I think she hurts the show more than helps it!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan was good. great comment he left

theminx said...

Spike is following me now, too.

I love Jonathan Antin! He's a crybaby, which is always entertaining. My Shear Genius recap can be found here.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

me said...

I'm all bout good hair, yeah with products named dirt.

I just can't even attempt to watch Top Haircut. Bring my angel back!

Joy said...

I watched it and will keep on for a while anyway. I will also read The Minx's recaps. You were right about it, though.

And Howard! "Is it possible her personality had Botox?" Perfect!! She's awful.

xoxoxoxoxxo

Mark in DE said...

Coincidentally I just started watching "Be Good Johnny Weir" too, and liked it.

And Spike is probably following you because there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...