Monday, March 14, 2011

Going To "Hollywood" For Clean Laundry


Yesterday it couldn't be put off any longer - I was forced to go to the laundromat and wash clothes. I could no longer afford to purchase clean undergarments, and my "previously worn" work clothes were becoming "obviously worn and not washed" clothes. So I piled up all my crap into my Queens Housewife Laundry Cart (see below) and went around the corner to the laundromat.


Well, lo and behold, they spruced up the joint since the last time I was there. They even changed the name to the "Hollywood Laundromat". Their new motto: "We have a DRYER sense of humor". Oy.


Apparently this "dry" humor translates into a Hollywood Walk Of Fame (WASH of Fame??). Each machine has a clever (???) laundry-related name - Soaprah Winfrey, Kate Rinslett, David Washitoff, etc.


But my favorite was George Cleany ... [[insert "George took care of my LOAD like a pro" pun here]].



8 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Who knew laundry could be so glamorous?

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh my God that is so funny! And that is a hell of a lot of laundry girl! I noticed the sign they have drop off service. I'd soooooooooo be taken advantage of that as I HATE doing laudry. I have done it serveral time here! Except they charge extra for the hash marks!!!!

me said...

A red launddry cart? Why you city folk are awful fancy!

Anonymous said...

Two words: Febreze it!

Joy said...

Doesn't it feel good to have clean clothes!! I'm so glad to have a washer and dryer in my house since I remember the laundromat days. At least they have a sense of humor there. Too bad you don't like to read. What do you do while you're waiting?

Mike said...

I did the same thing yesterday. Minus the great laundry facilities.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

As soon as you move to the neighborhood the laundromat goes gay! What's next- a branch bank where all the tellers are drag queens?

Beth said...

Okay, I can't help it. I think that's hilarious! Wait, I need to try one....

Lint Eastwood. Bahahahaha!

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...