Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Afternoon Funk Break - RFTW - "Oh Sheila"


I'm gonna kick it OLD SCHOOL for a minute, so stand back and let me do my thang ...

My very first college music purchase was 1985's Ready For The World (Fun Fact: My then college roommate/now BFF still refers to them as "Ready for the Curl"). RFTW self-titled album contained their biggest hit - Oh Sheila - which ended up being my first college JAM. I still remember taking my skinny blond twink freshman ass across College Avenue to National Record Mart and seeing the RFTW cassette (you better ask somebody!!). I purchased it immediately.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Flint is in the hizzouse!!

I think I was a junior in high school ... man, it seems like such a long time ago according to the calendar, but it was last week in my mind, pumping the Electrifying Mojo on WGPR when I should have been asleep and resting for high school!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...