Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Everything Is Just Great ...


Things have been really busy and stressful here at DustBunny Headquarters. Some highlights/lowlights:
  • Finding a new roommate isn’t easy - and there are a lot more Crazies out there than I thought. One lady wanted to know if her pet Chinchilla was OK. Answer: “Only if it's dead and you’re wearing it”. As usual, I prefer it when these complicated issues (like finding a fabulous non-chinchilla-having roommate) work themselves out by divine intervention. And then I get upset when that doesn’t happen. WHY DOES THE BABY JEEBUS HATE ME SO MUCH?!?!
  • Furthermore, there is growing animosity between the roommate who’s leaving and the two of us who are staying. It’s a long and complicated story but tension in our apartment is running high - and getting worse. Not fun.
  • Work has been BUSY - which is good, but it’s taking time away from other things I need to be doing. Like finding a roommate, losing weight, blogging, finding a man, losing weight so I can find a man, etc.
  • Medical drama #1. On Monday I see a dentist for the 1st time in 20 years. I shudder at the mere thought of this.
  • Medical drama #2. Doctor called me out of the blue last week. He said all my numbers were fine (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and viral load) and my t-cells were increasing (very slowing, but still increasing). However, Doc was alarmed at the results of my liver function test and told me to come in next week so he can check it out. This has never happened before and I didn’t like the way he sounded. FYI: Contrary to popular belief, I very rarely drink (once or twice a month at the most!).
So if you don’t hear from me for a while, it’s probably because I’m hiding in a corner somewhere - cursing the Baby Jeebus for being so mean to me.




.

15 comments:

Amber LeMay said...

Man,you'll do ANYTHING to get out of meeting me next week, won't you??? Don't think I won't stalk you!!! Hope things work out!!
xxoo
Amber

the dogs' mother said...

The kitties would have loved a chinchilla snack... Hangeth in there!

Bob said...

A Chinchilla might have been fun! I'm sure your cats would have loved a new chew toy!

And once the old roomie is out, tensions will settle. It's only a week or so more, right? Unless......the chinchilla can be trained to chase groen men from their apartment?

Busy is good. What am I saying, I hate busy. I have things to do and busy gets in my way, too!

Dentists! Only if they're cute and they put you under and then have their way with you. And then don't bill you, of course.

The numbers sound good, so Congrats on those. Hopefully the doc is just being cautious about the liver. And he may justy be, because it sounds like you've got a good doctor.

Thinking good Smallville thoughts, though.

XXOXOXOOXO

theminx said...

Liver function issues probably have nothing at all to do with alcohol and everything to do with poor diet - fatty food. I'm sure my liver won't please any doctors, either!

I see lots of green vegetables in your future. :)

Good luck at the dentist.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

designing wally said...

Remember to breathe...
It sounds too simple, but many people forget to...
xoxox

Peter Maria said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I don't believe in Jeebus, Baby or otherwise, so I doubt that's the reason. S**t happens, I've heard.

I agree with theminx about your LFT levels, altho drinking EtOH and anti-HIV meds don't really mix well. Fatty foods could certainly be the issue, or any number of other things. Be honest with the doc, open to what he has to say, and ask ANY questions that come to mind during your discussion.

Shame NY doesn't allow medical mary jane; as a poz person you would probably qualify. I mention this because it is a great pre-dentristy medication. HOWEVER, there are others; one regimen is an anti-anxiety med at bedtime and a barbiturate a little before the appointment (this requires a friend to attend you and get you home). I've tried both and kind of prefer the prescription drug route, because I remembered NOTHING. You might want to ask your dentist about your "high" anxiety BEFORE your appt.

In any case, best of luck with everything.

behrmark said...

BEHR HUGS!!

(Everyone else wrote so elaborately and long that I thought I'd cut to the chase.)

Wonder Man said...

Good to know what happening with you. And 20 years? Wow, it shouldn't be that bad.

Big Mark 243 said...

Well, if the rent wasn't too damn high in NYC I'd would move and be your roomie! But I think that New Jersey is in my future.

The dentist has improved a lot and I don't think you will be in too much discomfort... watching them use the needle to numb me up was the worst part of the visit...

Hopefully your numbers will be benign and you will recieve a stern reprimand. Take care, Big Dave!!

Beth said...

Hang in there, sweetie. Sometimes it feels like it's overwhelming, but all we can do is hang tough. You'll get by with a little help from your friends! XOXO

Sassy said...

Big hugs from Cali love. We're here for you.

Anonymous said...

There is a good chance darling that the liver issue is transitory and related to your body processing HIV meds.
I see clients with liver issues all the time from their HIV meds, and my liver doesn't like my combo much either. My bilirubin is 2x normal from meds and has been for 2+ years, but I still haven't turned yellow (eek!). Your doc will probably just want to make sure he checks your liver function regularly.
Don't bother to stress about it! The dentist will give you enough to think about (evil grin).
The Dustbunny nation loves and supports you!

hugs from Craig in Sac :)

Ken Riches said...

I am sure that what ever the liver thing is, it is not nearly as bad as you think, they have meds and diets for most of what ails you.

mrs.missalaineus said...

thinking of you and hoping you find the perfect new roomie soon-

xxalainaxx

Unknown said...

Well, just wanted to put my two cents in and tell you we love you, DD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...