Thursday, December 25, 2008

BREAKING: Eartha Kitt Dies At 81


Eartha Kitt, the legendary singer (and Gay Icon) who went from the cotton fields of South Carolina to international stardom died on Christmas Day. Ironically, her recording of "Santa Baby" was certified gold last week. Read the story HERE.


No matter what, Eartha will always be Catwoman to me. I LOVED watching the old Batman repeats when I was a kid - and Eartha was always "PURRRRRFECT".


UPDATE: Miss Ginger has posted some fantastic videos over at her BLOG.

9 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I just posted some videos on my blog- truly the loss of a legend!

Jimbo said...

So very sad! I loved her. I heard an interview with her on NPR a couple months ago and learned that she lived a really f***ed up life, but through it all she still found success and seemed grounded. RIP, Eartha.

Unknown said...

It's sad that she's gone. But it's cool she left on Christmas Day. That really seals her "Santa Baby" as a book end.

Wonder Man said...

This is sad...I would have love to see her perform

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

My husband and I had just gotten through listening to "Santa Baby" in the car on the way to his father's house when I found out that she had passed away. I really loved her & it's a rather sad end for Christmas. She was wonderful.

Unknown said...

So very sad to hear, she was an amazing performer. I remember about 20 years ago she performed with The Bronski Beat - a little ditty called 'Cha-Cha Heels.' Sublime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vGAa4Fdww8

Unknown said...

this one was a shocker for me...guess there are certain people we expect to live on this planet forever

Kailyn said...

So sad. My friend told me as "Santa Baby" was playing on the stereo at her house.

Anonymous said...

Eartha Kitt was and will continue to be a legend. I just found out that she starred in the Emperor's New Groove, how funny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...