Monday, December 1, 2008

DavidDust Shopping Guide: Pearl River Mart


Pearl River Mart is the Wal-Mart of Chinatown - featuring everything you can imagine (and some stuff you can't imagine) under one roof. For years it stood at the epicenter of Chinatown - the corner of Broadway and Canal Street - and you had to walk up a narrow stairway to get to the 2nd floor where Pearl River began. In keeping with New York tradition of 'upgrading' everything, that dusty second floor is now a Sleepy's Mattress Store, and Pearl River Mart has moved to a shiny new store on Broadway between Broome & Grand Streets.






If you can't make it to New York City, you can always order from their website HERE. Happy Holidays!

11 comments:

kayce. said...

those bowls are gorgeous! i would do the same thing here that i tend to do in all delightful asian markets: spend too much money on shit i don't really need, LMAO.

Joie Mayfield said...

You make me homesick for NYC. I love the pic with the dragon on the ceiling!

the dogs' mother said...

I'm doing my bit for Black Monday today so I'm going to go look!

Jesús V. said...

I Love NY!!!

Thanks David.

Please, got a new blog ( Burbujas Gay is closed) The new blog: Burbujas De Deseo.

Kisses.

jahh/jahhy

Unknown said...

I WANT THAT DRAGON... I want those lamps...I had a blast going through the catalogue. good picts...fun post.
You must be back at work now. Seemed like a fast weekend.Back home for xmas?
xoxox-Charlie

Joy said...

I want to go there when I visit. So many places to see! I'll have to stay a while, so I'd better start saving now. Find me a reasonably priced place to stay. Everything is so expensive there!

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Ooooh...a new place to shop for bento boxes. Yay!

It's been almost thirteen years since my last trip to NYC, so I am hoping that a scholastic convention happens there so I have an excuse to go.

Romance said...

I love Pearl River and its always on my annual shopping sojourn to NYC... whats not to love there, right?

Wonder Man said...

Love the bowls...oh, I miss NYC

Joy said...

I made a comment sort of about you on Jimbo's blog. I hope you think it's funny and think you probably will. Tell me on there if you think I'm probably right! LOL

Kailyn said...

Ummmm. I so need some of those bowls. Calendar for bowls, right? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...