Monday, March 29, 2010

Afternoon Techno Break - James Brown Is Dead


As I've written BEFORE, the old Limelight club (above) hasn't been open in years (they're turning it into a mini-mall) - but I can still remember some of the music they played there.  Limelight's larger main dance floor ("The Sanctuary") was always the "straight" (or straightish) area of the club - and they LOVED their techno music on that side.  I swear, EVERY SINGLE TIME I ventured out from the gay rooms ("The Chapel" and/or "The Library") and went to the main dance floor, THIS song was spinning...

3 comments:

Lee said...

LOVED this song. I went through a real Techno phase and this was one of my favorites.

And before anyway bothers to Google it, this was long before James Brown actually was dead, lol. (No disrespect meant to James Brown-I just always thought it was a weird name for a song.)

David Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Dust said...

Lee -

I forgot to mention that in the post. I too wondered why they called the song "James Brown Is Dead" when he was still very much alive at the time. I'm sure there's a story there somewhere.

Thanks for the comment!

XOXOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...