The dog ate my homework blah blah blah ...
There was a bit of drama (nothing major) at Chez Dust last night - which prevented me from reviewing RuPaul's Drag Race and my notes again. Therefore I cannot write my recap today, and really won't have time to do it this week. I truly apologize and will try again next week. I ESPECIALLY apologize to DustBunny M, to whom I owe One Sassy Recap.
Here are a few talking points regarding this week's episode...
- I LOVED this week's challenge. Having the relatively young Dolls "create" their Drag Mothers was hysterical and an excellent idea.
- Did you see the look on Tati's mama's face when Tati said she didn't know who Oscar Wilde was? I thought old Annalisha was going to cut a Ho. Can you imagine what would have gone down had young Tatianna said she didn't really know who Judy Garland was?!? Blasphemy!!!
- Pandora's mama cracked me up. She was a TRIP: red, white and blue bikini, secret plastic "toys", and dirty talk. I wanna party with that old girl.
- The fact that Raven bonded with her Radical Faerie-esque drag mother touched me. I identified with them because I once had a close gay male friend who was in his 70's. Bill (God rest his soul) was a delight and I miss him and his friendship terribly.
- Biggest LOL moment? When Juju said "None of these old bitches better die overnight!!!" OMG ... too funny!
- And what about the judges?!? Cloris Leachman (who is 83 years old, btw!!!) and DEBBIE FRIGGIN' REYNOLDS!! I think a couple of those old girls peed a little when they heard Ms. Reynold's name. In their world - which was chocked full of "movie stars" - Debbie Reynolds was/is one of the biggest and brightest. AND, she was involved in one of the biggest scandals of that era - when Elizabeth Taylor stole her husband, Eddie Fisher.
- More about the judges. I can't remember who received these compliments, but when Cloris Leachman says "you are funny", or Debbie Reynolds praises your dancing, you should needlepoint that shizz onto a huge wall tapestry and hang it up in your living room. Immediately.
- Finally, I was sad, sad, sad to see Pandora go.
Feel free to leave any thoughts you may have in the Comments section.