Monday, December 27, 2010

We Lost a Lady Last Night


As many of you have heard by now, legendary R&B singer Teena Marie was found dead in her home at the age of 54 last night - and I am devastated. I was at a local bar last night having drinks with two of my friends from high school when Sam called and delivered the terrible news. My phone hasn't stop ringing since.


I've blogged about my love for Lady T many times. She was one of the very few artists I would actually pay to see perform, and the ONLY one I saw "live" more than once. I am so upset that I passed up her latest NYC concert (couldn't afford a ticket) - and now I'll never get another chance to hear the "Ivory Queen of Soul" sing one of my favorite songs - Out on a Limb ...


Rest in Peace, my darling Lady T - you will be missed.

.

4 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

i loved roller skating to tina marie back in the day.....the tarts on the rb scene today will never have half the class and panache that she did!

xxalainaxx

Wonder Man said...

I loved her too, it's so sad here because LA was her home. We are feeling her lost

Mistress Maddie said...

Girl I almost called you yesterday to see if you heard the news! I figure your in black for at least two months now!

Mark in DE said...

"Out on a Limb" is my fave Teena Marie song, too. What a shame to lose her at such a young age. Hang in there, David Darling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...