Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Street is Currently "Impenetrable"


I'm still here in PA and just texted my roommate to check on the kitties back in Queens. She said Dusty is fine, but Oscar is confused as to why no one has been sleeping in the bed with him (all together now:  AWWWWWWW...). She also mentioned that our street is pretty much "impenetrable" and has yet to be visited by a snow plow.

GREAT. I'm heading back to NYC tomorrow, and have to take the subway to Astoria after arriving at Penn Station. Then I must walk from the subway station to my apartment- all loaded up with luggage and Christmas presents. This is gonna be fun.

I certainly hope my liquor store is open, because I have a hot and steamy date planned with the handsome Mr. B. Limon tomorrow night. How YOU doin?...



UPDATE: I just found the perfect way to get to my apartment (via TDW):


6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

ak!! I like your solution. Eldest's flight was held two hours while they cleaned gravel from the engines that had been kicked in there from another plane. It is time to put this holiday behind us!!!

Anonymous said...

If there are things that you could live without for a few days, you could pack them up and send them to yourself by UPS. It's really cheap - less than $10 for up to 50 lbs.

Beth said...

Wow, I hope they get your street taken care of by the time you get home! What a crazy storm...you really got walloped! Safe travels, David! XOXO

mrs.missalaineus said...

be sure to wear an extra pair of socks and your scarf now!!!

xxalainaxx

Ken Riches said...

Safe Travels, perhaps a Hot Toddy would be better.

Mark in DE said...

Maybe you can get one of those plastic 'saucers' to put your luggage and presents on, and drag them from the subway to your apt!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...