Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mr. Yuck Is Mean ...


Mr. Yuck - frightening children since 1971.

I just learned (via The Google) that Mr. Yuck was invented in Pittsburgh - so no wonder he was all over the place during my Pennsylvania childhood (and later, when we wore Mr. Yuck stickers while bar-hopping at Penn State for some reason).

Did Mr. Yuck terrorize kids in other parts of the United States - or was he just a Pennsyltucky thing? Leave a comment and let us if you ever had a run-in the the Mean Green One.


.

6 comments:

Mark, née Fuzz said...

I almost posted a comment re Mr. Yuck ladies panties. Then I thought, too much. Too gross. Too immature.

Oops!

the dogs' mother said...

Let's see in 1971 I was a ninth grader, back in the states, and I do recall Mr. Yuk - so he was clear out in WA state.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

We had Mr. Yuck in South Louisiana- so he surely must have been everywhere. In grammar school some man would come talk about poisons and drugs blah blah blah and give you a bunch of stickers, and you were supposed to go through the house with your Momma and put a sticker on all the poisons. I stuck one on my Daddy's bottle of Jack Daniels- he thought it was a riot!

mrs.missalaineus said...

i seem to recall stealing an entire roll of those once.


xxalainaxx

vabrotha1 said...

Yeah Mr. Yuck made his way to Richmond, VA too.... I had those stickers all over the house, lol

Unknown said...

We had officer ugh when I was little. My brother got a page of the stickers in kindergarten, and stuck them all over everything. My parents weren't all that upset about it, until he started sticking them on my mother's perfume.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...