Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Afternoon Dance Break - Groove Is In The Heart


Dee Lite's dance hit "Grove Is In The Heart" was one of my favorites ... until the lead singer and I almost got into a fistfight.  One late night (actually, it was morning) at the Sound Factory, Lady Miss Kier and I ended up dancing beside each other underneath the huge disco ball.  However, Miss Thang dances like a flailing retarded chicken - and she kept bumping into me.  After about the third time, my friends could see I was about to attack so they got me off the dance floor before I broke my foot off in her ass.


FYI: I have long-since forgiven Miss Kier, because her music was/is so damn catchy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, you are like Mr New York. You actually have some wonderfull stories. I just love that you have "models" in you neighborhood. And to bump into Ms Keir.

Oh, an back in the early 90s, that was one of my favorite songs.

anne marie in philly said...

when that song comes on, I crank the windows down and the stereo waaaaaay up in the car.

and I don't give a rat's ass if it offends!

Mistress Maddie said...

Girllllllllll, now you know I love me alot of Deelite! I only have like all 5 cd's they did! And Miss Lady Keir is the shit! My favorite song by them though is Electric Shock and Soul Reflector.

theminx said...

I *loved* Dee Lite! That was the favorite road trip music for me and my gay back in the day. Well that and Black Box.

Thanks for the memories. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Wonder Man said...

I wish they would get back together

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...